So today we went to Port Arthur. This is how it started. I
woke up at half past 5 played my DS. Then I went and had breakfast (coco pops,
again. Only way to start the day!). After I played basketball on the wii with
Erin. Then we went to Port Arthur. It was an hour drive but we survived
(just….). When we got there we got bronze tickets which got us a forty minute
walking tour and a twenty minute cruise on a ferry. At the start we just
wandered around and looked at the old prison ruins which were used for
secondary punishments. Then we went off for the tour. It was twenty minutes of
the walking tour and we got as far as 100 metres. Yeah, not so much walking. Mum
went and took us to the old cottages that belonged to people like doctors.
There was one cottage that belonged to someone that came after the prison era.
Then we went on the ferry cruise. On it I learnt that 200 years ago kids as old
as 4 could legally work. Also kids as old as 7 are trialled as an adults. Dad
asked why I didn’t have a job yet. I think he was joking. Then we went to the
separate prison. In the separate prison you could see what it was like living
in it. You had no communication with other people (that means no talking. I
reckon my Mum would last 5 minutes) and even in church each person had their
own little place in the shape of a rectangular prism. Then after that we went
to lunch (my favourite part). After lunch we had a small look around at more
cottages (including the commandant’s house). On the way home we went to the
Tassie Devil habitat. There was also kangaroos, wallabies, pademelons, birds
and a quoll. Then also on the way home we stopped at a blowhole that didn’t
have enough waves to work. Then we got home. And that brings us to now.

Hi Dec,
ReplyDeleteWe want to know why you didn't go on the ghost tour?Why didn't you play real basketball instead??? Liam H wants to know why you didn't leave your mum in the Jail?!I thought you weren't so lazt as you usually play real basketball (Izak).
What LATZ? What's that
ReplyDelete